Reading Time: < 1 minute
The apple season is coming to its end and that is a perfect time to store some of those goodies for later. Try this easy recipe and extend the taste of fall.
- 2 apples
- Preheat oven to 200*F – 95*C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the apples. If you bought apples in the store, they’re most likely covered in wax. Boiled water and vinegar is one of the easiest and fastest ways to clean the fruit of the wax cover.
- Core the apples (you can skip this step if you don’t mind a few seeds in your chips).
- Slice the apples into very thin slices. I like to use a vegetable slicer as it is fast and gives the perfect thinness to all slices.
- Arrange the apples in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Flip the apples and continue baking for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- The total time will vary based on the thickness of your slice and the type of apples you are using.
- To test the apple chips, remove one slice from the oven and let it cool down for about 2-3 min.
- Once you are happy with the crispness, turn off the oven and leave apple chips in the oven for an extra 30-60 min to crisp further.
Save in an airtight container and enjoy the taste of fall!