Brain Boosting Breakfast
Start the day right with this brain boosting breakfast. Beef liver, egg yolk, caviar, and pistachios are the foods highest in Choline. This combination will raise Acetyl-Choline in the brain which will provide you with better focus and concentration.
Note: This will make 1 serving
- 150 grams of organic beef or lamb liver
- 1 organic free-range egg
- 1 organic free-range egg yolk
- 50 grams unsalted organic butter
- Lemon juice of ¼ of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salmon caviar
- Himalayan salt
- herbs of your choice
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Set a heatproof bowl over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water over low heat.
- Place egg yolk in the bowl and start beating (make sure the pan is over the low heat or the egg will scramble).
- Add lemon juice and keep whisking.
- Slowly start pouring in the melted butter, whisking constantly until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Loosen with lemon juice if necessary.
- Store in an insulated bottle to keep the sauce warm until you serve the dish.
- In the saucepan bring water (at least 5cm deep) to a simmer.
- Add the white vinegar (don’t add any salt).
- Crack the egg and put it in a small bowl.
- Stir the water with the spoon to create a gentle whirlpool, make sure the heat is low and doesn’t create big bubbles.
- Slowly place the egg into the middle of the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the white is set.
- Lift the egg with a slotted spoon.
- Use a kitchen towel to remove excess water and set aside.
- Wash the liver and pat off excess water with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat a pan over low heat.
- Season the liver with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add some olive oil in the pan and fry the liver for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to high and flip the liver.
- Cook for another 45 seconds to 2 minutes (depends on how cooked you preferer the liver to be).
Serve the liver, topped with the poached egg, hollandaise sauce, and caviar. Season with salt and pepper. Decorate with your favorite herbs.
Enjoy the benefits!