Sweeten the end of your week with this delicious homemade caramel that requires only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of preparation time. It is lactose-free, gluten-free, and naturally sweetened with Medjool dates.
- 10-12 medium size Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 5 min in boiling water
- 100g (3.5 oz) smooth organic almond butter
- 120-240g (4.2-8.5oz) organic coconut milk or hot water
- In a blender, combine the dates, almond butter, and coconut milk.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut milk or water to reach desired consistency. I used a total of 1 cup to make the caramel runnier. Note: caramel will get thicker after being refrigerated.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Serve with apple slices, apple chips, or pancakes.
- Store leftovers in a glass jar or airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Have a sweet weekend!