Egg Nest with Asparagus
Bored of the same old scrambled eggs for breakfast. Here is an easy and creative way to serve an egg for breakfast.
Surprise your loved ones this weekend! They will think you became a chef overnight.
- 200g asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 organic egg
- organic bell pepper
- organic butter
- salt, pepper
- Wash asparagus, with their woody ends snipped off.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Smash garlic and stir-fry in the pan for 10 seconds.
- Add asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender (about 2-4 min).
- Preheat the oven to 230*C (450*F).
- Wash and chop ¼ of bell pepper in small cubes.
- Divide egg into egg white and yolk.
- In a bowl beat the egg white with the pinch of salt to stiff peaks.
- Fold in the bell pepper cubes.
- Arrange egg white on the tray in a nest shape with the space in the middle for the egg yolk.
- Bake for 3 min.
- Place egg yolk in the middle.
- Bake for another 3 min.
- Decorate with chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper.
Eggs are rich sources of protein, selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, and minerals such as zinc, iron, copper, and choline.