Kale Avocado Salad with Balsamic Dressing
Enjoy the weekend with this delicious green salad that can be a perfect side dish for meals or even holiday menus. It has low GL (Glycemic Load), it is high in fiber and healthy fats, which makes it a great option in terms of keeping your blood sugar stable.
- ½ bunch of organic kale; ribs and tough stems removed
- 1 medium size avocado
- 10 green olives
- 1 bunch of broccolini steamed or boiled
- 1 medium size organic cucumber
- 1/2 organic green apple
- 1 handful of organic roasted pecans
- 45g organic extra virgin olive oil
- 20g balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of organic Dijon mustard
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Cut the kale leaves into thin strips.
- Cut the avocado into thick slices.
- Cut the cucumbers and apple into thin sticks.
- Chop the olives.
- Cut the broccolini.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, avocado, broccolini, olives, cucumber, and apple.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt in a glass jar or airtight container.
- Cover and shake until well blended.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add dressing and roasted pecans to the salad just before serving.
Have a healthy weekend!