Molten Dark Chocolate Mug Cakes
Coconut based dark and warm chocolate mug cakes with a lava-like runny center! For all of the chocolate lovers out there!
If you can’t get enough chocolate then this recipe is a must for you.
They are truly easy to make with only 10 min of cooking time.
Do we have to say more?
Bonus: It is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free!
Ingredients to make 4 medium size Mug cakes:
2 ½ Tbs or 40g organic coconut flour
2 Tbs or 30g organic cocoa powder
1 Tbs or 15g of vanilla Paleo Protein (I use Nutri-Dyn Paleo Protein)
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 ounces or 85g 120 ml coconut milk
2 Tbs or 35g spoon melted coconut oil
2 Tbs or 30ml of organic maple syrup (can add one extra Tbs depending on how sweet you want your desert to be)
1 tsp or 5ml vanilla
Handful of organic Walnuts or Pecans
Handful of 100% organic chocolate chunks (you can substitute your favorite chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 400*F (200*C)
- Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl
- Mix together wet ingredients in another bowl
- Combine together wet and dry ingredients and blend until smooth
- Prepare 4 oven safe mugs or mini bowls
- Optional: in each mug that you are going to use throw in a bit of nut and/or chocolate chunks
- Pour the batter in each mug, make sure you fill the batter to ¾ of the height of the mug to ensure some extra space as these cakes grow
- Gently mix the batter with the nuts and chocolate chunks
- Put your mug cakes in the oven for exactly 10 min
- I recommend to have them within 3-5 min after they been cooked. Just let the cup cool down first!
Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream and enjoy!
Side Note: Dark chocolate contains several compounds that possess antioxidant properties, such as flavanols and polyphenols.