Pumpkin Soup with Caramelized Pecans
Reading Time: 1 minute
Enjoy the fall and pumpkin season with this delicious warm meal!
- 2 pounds pumpkin
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium size carrots
- 30 g ginger
- 950 ml vegetable stock
- 130 ml coconut milk
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
Caramelized Pecan Ingredients:
- 100 grams pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1Tbs maple syrup
- Half tsp cinnamon
- Deseed, peel, and roughly chop the pumpkin.
- Peel and chop the onions and carrots.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Put the pumpkin, onion, carrot, ginger, and some olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté until soft.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender or with a hand blender (add more water if needed).
- Serve with caramelized pecans and parsley.
Caramelized Pecans Directions
The easiest way to caramelize pecans is by roasting nuts in a maple syrup coating.
- Preheat the oven to 190*C (375*F).
- In a bowl combine together roughly chopped pecans, maple syrup, and cinnamon till nuts are fully coated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer pecans to the baking sheet and bake them for 12-15 min, stirring them at 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.
- Add to the top of the pumpkin soup.