Red Velvet Truffles
These delicious truffles have an amazing texture and are a beautiful dark burgundy color thanks to the beetroot and acai powder. They are gluten-free, lactose-free, and refined sugar-free. Great treat for the end of the week!
Ingredients for 12 truffles:
- 120g almond flour
- 60g cooked beetroot
- 50g organic almond butter
- 20g acai powder
- 10g cocoa powder
- 30g (2 Tbps) Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g 85% organic dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Add the almond flour, beetroot, almond butter, cocoa powder, acai powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a bowl.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Scoop the batter with a Tbsp and roll into a ball. Moisten your hands with clean water to prevent the batter from sticking to your skin.
- Put truffles into the freezer for 30 minutes or overnight.
- To make the coating, place chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water.
- Add ½ teaspoon of coconut oil and let it melt, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer.
- Using two forks, dip truffles, one at a time, in the melted chocolate, until evenly covered and move to a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once all are covered in chocolate, add extra melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with acai powder.
- Freeze for 10 min or refrigerate until firm.
Enjoy a tasty & healthy snack!