Super Easy Chocolate-Coconut Truffles
230g (2 ½ cups) shredded coconut
75g (1/3 cup) coconut cream
1 scoop of Nutri-Dyn Vanilla Paleo Protein (Whey Protein will also work)
300g (2 cups) of 75% Organic Chocolate
1 tsp of coconut oil
Optional: 1 Tbs maple syrup or monk fruit for a sweeter taste
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine shredded coconut, coconut cream, and the Vanilla Paleo Protein, and stir well.
3. Take 1.5 teaspoons of the mixture and form balls with your hands
4. Place coconut truffles on the baking sheet.
5. Once you have rolled all of the coconut into balls, place into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
6. Place chopped chocolate in the top of a double boiler, or a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water.
7. Add the coconut oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until melted, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Remove the coconut truffles from the freezer.
9. Using two forks, dip truffles, one at a time, in the melted chocolate until evenly covered and remove letting excess chocolate drip off.
10. Once all of them are covered in chocolate, top with the toasted or raw shredded coconut.
11. Freeze for 10 min or refrigerate until firm.
If you don’t find shredded coconut in the store, you can make it at home. Place fresh coconut in the food processor and pulse repeatedly until coconut is fine and not stringy.
Paleo Protein can be substituted with Vanilla Whey Protein.
If you like more of a sweeter taste, add one tablespoon of Maple Syrup or Monk Fruit to the coconut mixture.